So you want to join P.O.W

Interested in joining the ranks? Post here.

So you want to join P.O.W

Postby Major Catastrophe » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:36 am

The arrival of DoD:Source has brought a new wave of regulars to the server. Happily, quite a few of our old regulars have made the jump as well. Inevitably, some of the new folks are going to be interested in joining our clan. With that in mind, here are some guidelines.

First off, BE PATIENT. Virtually everybody in this clan today posted in our recruitment forums, and left it at that. They then simply played on the server, obeyed the rules, and stood out in a favorable way. When we get to know a person, and we like what we see, we tend to THEN check the recruitment forums to see if they are interested. If they are in there, then the process can begin. I played here for a very long time before posting for recruitment. The fact that everyone here already knew me well by this time made it possible for me to be evaluated at all. Steamboat will back me up as far as the advantages of posting and then just playing go.

Next, remember that BEING IN P.O.W IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT. One of the easiest ways to disqualify yourself from consideration is to assume that you are automatically destined to become a clan member. Think about it. You want to be in the clan because it is special, right? Well, how special is it if everybody that plays here and wants in is automatically included? Hmmm... that's not very special. For the record, I don't mean the short-bus kinda special, like DArkness brings to the table. But I digress.

Also, remember that WE ARE NOT ACTIVELY RECRUITING MUCH OF THE TIME. To acquire new members, there's actually quite a drawn-out process that we must all perform. This process can take weeks! We think it's important to make sure that the majority of the members have a chance to weigh in regarding every prospective recruit. It is only after much back-and-forth that a vote is actually conducted.

K, I'm gonna go play the damned game. If you really want to be in this clan, BE PATIENT. OBEY ALL OF THE RULES. GET TO KNOW THE REGS AND THE MEMBERS. After that, it'll happen if and when it's supposed to.

Doom, perhaps you could sticky this when you come home? DArkness will love you for it. :P

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:16 am

All of what Mjr. said and this too.

Don't repeat post in recruitment and DO NOT post in other peoples recruitment thread telling us 'you' think some one should be recruited. This will do no good for you or the person who's post you are bumping.

Make as many friends with POWs and the regulars that you can.

Don't be an angry player, we do not want those in this clan that cannot represent us properly.

Play on!

Postby Boslap » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:46 pm

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, make this a sticky cause if not it will fall into belivion.... *quotes Mike Tyson*
Bend Over and Squeel Like A Pig - Boslap

Postby Quisp » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:20 am

This needs a sticky on it

Troll

Postby Rommel » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:25 am

And your the one who gave me my own topic...boslap just said that above you, ok he didn't just say it but it was close enough.

I agree it needs a sticky but I also think it needs a rename, and also that all post after steamboats need to be deleted to clean it up.

I would rename it, READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING HERE, foo ;p

Postby Quisp » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:27 am

Yes I just thought I would post here to get it back on top :lol:

Postby BlueDevil » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:42 pm

I think we should post this for new Recruits :D
Welcome to the POW Clan.

Ricky's gonna to get in touch with you to get your prisonerofwarclan.com email account all setup. Once you get that email account, you'll be able to contact Ray Ray with the password Ricky gave you earlier when then on the phone. Ray Ray will then get with the wagon burners to send the smoke signals our way. The smoke signals are a key importance, cause we can't stop punchin' babies until the sound that makes us punch babies is stopped, which is the whole purpose of the smoke signals. So yeah, you might want to add a note in your email to Ray Ray remindin' him to send the smoke signals. He's pretty forgetful from smokin' all that doja with Big Tom and LaQuita. LaQuita gave all that up though, cause she ain't want no kids. I'm gettin' a little off topic, but I just gotta say that LaQuita got a big ol' booty. Haaaah? Remember that as it might be on the quiz tomorrow.

I'll holla.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:54 pm

OMG, good stuff good stuff there.

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:05 pm

Don't think this thread was meant for this stuff.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:05 pm

Stickied

Postby Boslap » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:23 pm

*three chears for Doom* Hip Hip HOORAY!
Bend Over and Squeel Like A Pig - Boslap

just wondering...

Postby Pvt_Go » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:38 pm

DO you guys do like freelance type of recruiting :?:
you know scout out whos good, plays reguarly,
or do you guys based it on the player rankings? :roll:

Postby Major Catastrophe » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:56 pm

I don't believe that we have ever even looked at player rankings once when determining who we recruit.

We want people who are sociable and respectful of our rules, and who move up, complete objectives, and make good teammates. Belly-boys need not apply. We pretty much grab the folks who we get to know over quite extended periods, and who we like.

And Darkness.

OOh, burn!

Re: just wondering...

Postby Quisp » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:01 am

Pvt_Go wrote:DO you guys do like freelance type of recruiting :?:
you know scout out whos good, plays reguarly,
or do you guys based it on the player rankings? :roll:

Good people make good clan members, if they can shoot that's a plus, if they have good stats that's a plus. But the bottom line is if we like them as a person. We like people that are friendly and can get along with everyone.

Use voice in game and chat, get to know people, if you want get on vent and listen to a bit more open chat conversations it's a good place to get to know everyone. You may hear Darkness yell cookie a lot but you get used to it.

vent???

Postby Pvt_Go » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:45 pm

hehe :oops:
if you guys dont mind me askin is "vent" short for ventrillo?
or is that a chatting program... :?:

oh btw, i havent been playing cause my vid cards fan stopped working :cry:
so i had to RMAed my little baby expect me to be rockin, as soon as it gets back to me. :wink:
"In peace sons bury their fathers; in war fathers bury their sons..."

Next

Return to Recruitment