[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Ventrilo User Accounts and You

Ventrilo User Accounts and You

A place to shoot the breeze.
Troll

Ventrilo User Accounts and You

Postby Rommel » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:06 pm

We are creating ventrilo user accounts, so catch me on vent or send me a PM with the username and password you would like and I'll make it for you.

Info to include when contacting me...
Username: This is the name you see in vent
Password: Make your own up or tell me to make a random one

If you forget your password PM me and I'll reset it.

Setting your password:
Once your account is made you need to enter in your password at your next login
1. Log off the vent server
2. Click the box next to server and enter in your password in the highlighted box

If you want a different username than your current:
The best option is to clone your old account so all your settings are the same
1. Log off the vent server
2. Click the box next to username
3. Select the account you want to clone and click clone
4. Enter in your new username
5. Follow the steps above for entering in your password

Option Enabled or Disabled
Guest Account Permissions - Not turned on yet, a post will be made once these have been enabled.
Network Tab:
Receive broadcast streams
Add Phantoms
Duplicate IP's Not Allowed
Switch channels
Default Channel, None (Lobby) or a setup channel where they can't leave until an admin makes them an account.
Send complaints
Transmit Tab:
Broadcast
Broadcast to Lobby
Broadcast User-to-User
Broadcast Cross Channel
Send TTS Binds
Send Wave File Binds
Send Pages
Set Phonetic Name
Send Comments
Generate Comment Sounds
Event Sounds
Mute Globally at Login
Use Global Chat
Use Equalizer - Outbound

General Account Permissions
Network Tab:
Receive broadcast streams
Add Phantoms
Duplicate IP's 4
Switch channels
Send complaints
Transmit Tab:
Broadcast
Broadcast to Lobby
Broadcast User-to-User
Broadcast Cross Channel
Send TTS Binds
Send Wave File Binds
Send Pages
Set Phonetic Name
Send Comments
Generate Comment Sounds
Event Sounds
Mute Globally at Login
Use Global Chat
Use Equalizer - Outbound

Questions or Comments?
Last edited by Rommel on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:11 pm

I feel different already.
Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Postby Sparky » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Thanks for all the work you've put into this, even though I'm not a chatty chat
person. :)

Postby UW Ness » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Postby [spoon] » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:18 pm

Postby Leaf » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:32 pm

Troll

Postby Rommel » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:17 am

Can't find which settings?

Postby General Nuisance » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:41 am

ImageImage

Troll

Postby Rommel » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:45 am

Postby Steamboat_Willy_Sr » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:47 am

Image "The only way I'm going to see some action is to bust myself to private"

Troll

Postby Rommel » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:01 am

You will still be able to connect to vent as a guest account. But once the guest account has been limited it will not be able to switch channels or any of the other stuff listed in red above.
If I see you on vent at anytime I'll make you an account, it only takes 10 seconds and you only have to put the password in once. I think there are only a couple more people left who don't have an account (Ribbed, Advent, Sr, Jr, and a couple regs)

I'll probably make another topic later that explains many of the new features to everyone.

Reasons for giving everyone accounts and limiting the guest account:
If the guest accounts are limited spammers can only disrupt the channel they are connected to (A default channel can be set)
Users who abuse certain ventrilo features can have access to those features removed. i.e If somebody abuses the paging feature that can be taken away from their account.
Other things can be done as well.

There is a for even more info

Troll

Postby Rommel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:11 pm

The Guest Accounts have been limited.
Restrictions applied:
Can't leave the lobby
Duplicate IP's not allowed
Only able to transmit in the lobby
Allowed to use global chat

If you don't already have an account contact me via Steam IM or Forum PM. If I see a guest in vent I will ask you to provide a password or you can just tell me to make one up for you.
Last edited by Rommel on Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Troll

Postby Rommel » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:22 pm

Now that everyone has an account, stop hanging out in the lobby while your playing DOD:S.
Guest cannot leave the lobby and can only talk in the lobby, thus they can't spam you.
If a spammer joins leave the lobby if Doom, Nuisance, or I am not around to ban.
You can right click on their name and goto User>Lodge Complaint about...to notify me when I do sign on.

We just had one join, but he couldn't leave the lobby to go spam everyone in DOD:S. I went to go call him a noob before he left though.

Postby The Spanish Inquisition » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:16 am

Image Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Troll

Postby Rommel » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:37 am

Doom can because he is a level 3, I am a level 2 so I would have to have channel admin for any channel I wanted to do that to.
I didn't really talk about channel admin in the members section thread, so here it goes...

In order to define a channel for somebody to join the admin has to have channel admin to the channel, otherwise there will be no channels to select from.
Edit channel properties
Kick users back to the lobby from the channel
Ban users from a channel
Mute users in a channel they admin
Move users in a channel they admin

Only level 3 admins have control over the lobby.

Another solution is to force Guest to another channel instead of the lobby, only Doom can do this because I wasn't given ownership of the Guest account.
Level 2 and below admins can only modify account permissions they have ownership of.
They get ownership by creating the account, if they didn't create the account a level 3 admin can transfer ownership to them in the user editor.
Level 3's never lost the ability to edit any account no matter the owner.

Some of you might be lost on the whole level 1,2,3 thing, don't worry about it...it's on a need to know basis :P

Next

Return to The barracks