[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - Playon

Playon

A place to shoot the breeze.

Playon

Postby Bib Fortuna » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:20 pm

http://www.playon.tv/playon

Has anyone tried this? I realized that they came out with a Wii interface months ago, but not heard about it until now.

Anyone have any tips, tricks or other things? Going to try to get it running this evening.
"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby Crazycarl » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:07 pm

let me know how it works . I steam stuff with my 360 but would love to stream hulu and stuff like that .

Postby Bib Fortuna » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Maybe it's the Wii and it's lack of HD output, but Hulu quality was pretty much unwatchable. It looks like what it's doing is just enlarging the Flash streams you can see normally. Everything is pixelized.

The streaming experience was pretty much flawless however. Wii is wireless, and you install the client (server) on a PC. Took only about 15 seconds or so before the video started playing. There is quite a bit of content available, people are coming up with custom plugins all the time for other things like Discovery, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim etc.

Maybe they'll improve it. But right now, I can't imagine paying the $20 for it.

I'll try some Netflix streaming from it and see how that looks.
"But then an even greater force emerged, “the un,” and “the un” un-Nazi’d the world, forever!"

Postby Bib Fortuna » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Postby Crazycarl » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:27 am

I will give it a go with my 360 . Most of the streaming I do with it right now is just like using WMP in my pc and is good but I have tried getting hulu to the tv and failed . If I could get good quality with hulu and others I would probably kill my cable

Postby Crazycarl » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Postby Crazycarl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:17 am

Streamed new star trek in HD the other night from a download . Had some skipping mainly in the what would be the animated shoots , but was very watchable . Also watched Hulu again . I am pretty impressed as I seemed every time I tried to get everything I wanted to stream I took me hours to set up and failed a lot . Now my 360 is a streaming machine . I will probably buy this even though it is a little high in price but I feel for the ease of setup is worth it . Even someone PC retarded could stream all their files with this easily .

Postby Bib Fortuna » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:33 pm

The problem with the Wii version is that it's running content through the Wii browser via a Flash plug-in rather than native video. So what we get in the end is what I thought... magnified Flash compressed video.

They told me that they've been trying to create a Playon Channel that people can download but Nintendo hasn't been very receptive on their end.

Postby Crazycarl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Site Admin

Postby Hand of Doom » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:23 pm

Postby Bib Fortuna » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:55 am

Postby Crazycarl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:48 am

Return to The barracks