[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.powdod.com - View topic - New computer suggestions

New computer suggestions

A place to shoot the breeze.

Postby UW Ness » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:06 am

The PSU is an Antec TruePower New 750w ATX12V V2.3. It actually came with a tester, so I tried what you posted there Verm, seemed to be fine.

Didn't make any changes at all in the BIOS so I can rule that out, also moved over one of the memory sticks. This thing is plenty well ventilated, the only side facing a flat surface is the side with no fans or vents, there's a good 8 inches between the back panel and the wall, and the front, top, and vented side are all clear.

So with all that, slight update. Since then, I haven't had any crashes where I had to hard reboot, BUT. It has started to crash, where I'd get the background sound playing while the graphics froze, or the screen would go all gray, like before. I did the memory swap and PSU test like 2 days ago, this is since then. So after the screen would go gray (which is usually how it would stay until I rebooted), the screen will go black, then come back to Windows and I'll get a notification from the tasktray that the ATI somethingorother drivers had stopped responding but recovered successfully.

So I'm going to assume that my next step is to uninstall the video drivers, then reinstall them. Sound good? If so, do I just straight uninstall then reinstall? No unplugging or anything? Just making sure. I still haven't tried running one stick of RAM at a time, shall I try that, if so before or after redoing the video drivers? Last thing I'll try if none of this works is putting the video card into another computer and try a less powerful card on this one, see how it goes. Reason is I don't really have another computer handy that can power this card.

Postby DOZER » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:59 am

Your PSU is on the list http://ati.amd.com/products/certified/p ... html#pstop

Im gonna go ahead and say ATI drivers=Failsticks. :cry:
If you do the graphics drivers try and get the 1st one the card had. OPPS! looks like only one driver so far 9.1 or some shit sry man...might just be the card??? I never update graphics drivers unless you can tell the card is sluggish or you see that your VGA's Co. has alot of driver updates. GL :wink:
Last edited by DOZER on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Coca-Cola » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:13 am

too much power !!!! Image

ps. ati drivers suck nvidia isnt much better.

Postby DOZER » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:16 am

Postby Joe Schmuck » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:43 am

Postby Verman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:46 pm

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

George Carlin

Postby UW Ness » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:34 pm

Alright, so I've downloaded the MOBO drivers and reinstalled the latest ATI driver. Haven't had time to test for problems, but we'll see how this goes. I'll do the memory test if it happens again.

So about getting the latest BIOS, I'm not sure how to do this. There is an update it looks like, the latest version is a beta, I'll probably go for the one before that. When I download the BIOS update, it gives me 3 files: autoexec.bat, FLASHSPI.exe, and MA77TUD3.F5. FYI I'm on rev 1.0 of this mobo. So with those files, how do I update the BIOS? I've never done this before. If I try to run FLASHSPI.exe, it says it's not compatible with my version of Windows (7 x64). So do I have to load it onto a flash drive or DVD or something, or can I just straight up not do it? I can't seem to find any other version.

Also, got my Bing cashback for that tv I bought, so I bought 2 more 2gb sticks of ram, same kind for shits :lol: Probably overkill, but it'll be fun to have an over-the-top system at least once in my life. :P

Postby Verman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:32 am

George Carlin

Postby UW Ness » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:29 pm

So as far as the issue goes, still not resolved but they released new ATI Catalyst drivers yesterday to 10.2, so tryin those before RMAing the card.

I just filed my tax return ($2225, YEUH!!!) so I'll be getting a new monitor soon, but I need some tips on what to get, contrast ratio, respnse time, etc. Any recommendation? Don't want to spend a fortune, but i want a quality brand. Would like 23 or 24".

Postby whatthe » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:31 am

GF100. March.

You've been warned.

Postby whatthe » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:35 am

Postby Verman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:48 am

George Carlin

Postby Coca-Cola » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:15 am

Postby whatthe » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Postby UW Ness » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to The barracks